Core Java Interview Questions and Answers
Ques. Difference between JRE/JVM/JDK/OpenJDK?Ans.
A Java virtual machine (JVM) is a virtual machine that can execute Java bytecode. It is the code execution component of the Java software platform.
The Java Development Kit (JDK) is an Oracle Corporation product aimed at Java developers. Since the introduction of Java, it has been by far the most widely used Java Software Development Kit (SDK).
Java Runtime Environment, is also referred to as the Java Runtime, Runtime Environment.
OpenJDK (Open Java Development Kit) is a free and open source implementation of the Java programming language. It is the result of an effort Sun Microsystems began in 2006. The implementation is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) with a linking exception.
Is it helpful? Yes No
Most helpful rated by users:
- How could Java classes direct program messages to the system console, but error messages, say to a file?
- What are the differences between an interface and an abstract class?
- Why would you use a synchronized block vs. synchronized method?
- How can you force garbage collection?
- When should I use abstract methods?