Core Java Interview Questions and Answers
Ques. How can you minimize the need of garbage collection and make the memory use more effective?Ans. Use object pooling and weak object references.
Pooling basically means utilizing the resources efficiently, by limiting access of the objects to only the period the client requires it.
Increasing utilization through pooling usually increases system performance.
Object pooling is a way to manage access to a finite set of objects among competing clients. in other words,
object pooling is nothing but sharing of objects between different clients.
Since object pooling allows sharing of objects ,the other clients/processes need to re-instantiate the object(which decreases the load time), instead they can use an existing object. After the usage , the objects are returned to the pool.
Is it helpful? Yes No
Most helpful rated by users:
- How could Java classes direct program messages to the system console, but error messages, say to a file?
- What are the differences between an interface and an abstract class?
- Why would you use a synchronized block vs. synchronized method?
- How can you force garbage collection?
- When should I use abstract methods?