Core Java Interview Questions and Answers
Ques. What are native methods? How do you use them?Ans. Native methods are methods written in other languages like C, C++, or even assembly language. You can call native methods from Java using JNI. Native methods are used when the implementation of a particular method is present in language other than Java say C, C++. To use the native methods in java we use the keyword native
public native method_a(). This native keyword is signal to the java compiler that the implementation of this method is in a language other than java. Native methods are used when we realize that it would take up a lot of rework to write that piece of already existing code in other language to Java.
Is it helpful? Yes No
Most helpful rated by users:
- How could Java classes direct program messages to the system console, but error messages, say to a file?
- What are the differences between an interface and an abstract class?
- Why would you use a synchronized block vs. synchronized method?
- How can you force garbage collection?
- When should I use abstract methods?