Core Java Interview Questions and Answers
Ques. Access specifiers: "public", "protected", "private", nothing?Ans. public : Public class is visible in other packages, field is visible everywhere (class must be public too)
private : Private variables or methods may be used only by an instance of the same class that declares the variable or method, A private feature may only be accessed by the class that owns the feature.
protected : Is available to all classes in the same package and also available to all subclasses of the class that owns the protected feature.This access is provided even to subclasses that reside in a different package from the class that owns the protected feature.
default : What you get by default ie, without any access modifier (ie, public private or protected).It means that it is visible to all within a particular package.
Is it helpful? Yes No
Most helpful rated by users:
- How could Java classes direct program messages to the system console, but error messages, say to a file?
- What are the differences between an interface and an abstract class?
- Why would you use a synchronized block vs. synchronized method?
- How can you force garbage collection?
- When should I use abstract methods?