Core Java Interview Questions and Answers
Ques. How do you know if an explicit object casting is needed?Ans. If you assign a superclass object to a variable of a subclass's data type, you need to do explicit casting. For example:
Object a; Customer b; b = (Customer) a;When you assign a subclass to a variable having a superclass type, the casting is performed automatically.
Is it helpful? Yes No
Most helpful rated by users:
- How could Java classes direct program messages to the system console, but error messages, say to a file?
- What are the differences between an interface and an abstract class?
- Why would you use a synchronized block vs. synchronized method?
- How can you force garbage collection?
- When should I use abstract methods?