EJB Interview Questions and Answers
Ques. What are transaction attributes?Ans. The transaction attribute specifies how the Container must manage transactions for a method when a client invokes the method via the enterprise beanís home or component interface or when the method is invoked as the result of the arrival of a JMS message. (Sunís EJB Specification) Below is a list of transactional attributes:
1. NotSupported - transaction context is unspecified.
2. Required - beanís method invocation is made within a transactional context. If a client is not associated with a transaction, a new transaction is invoked automatically.
3. Supports - if a transactional context exists, a Container acts like the transaction attribute is Required, else - like NotSupported.
4. RequiresNew - a method is invoked in a new transaction context.
5. Mandatory - if a transactional context exists, a Container acts like the transaction attribute is Required, else it throws a javax.ejb.TransactionRequiredException.
6. Never - a method executes only if no transaction context is specified.
Is it helpful? Yes No
Most helpful rated by users: